Seven decks of railroad cards. Each is for sale separately for $5 and together all 7 are for sale for $25. They are briefly described below:
• A deck by maker unknown for Alaska Railroad. It is inside a tin which is wrapped in cellophane. I assume that it has 52 cards, plus at least 2 Jokers, and that the cards are bridge size. It is likely that they were made in China, but I am unwilling to break the plastic to find out. Reference: Bollhagen, The Great Book of Railroad Playing Cards, ARR-8
• A deck made by Brown & Bigelow (Redi-slip) c.1960 for Chicago Great Western railway. The deck has 52 cards, plus 2 Jokers – all standard B&B/Redi-slip cards. The cards are bridge size, and come in the original box. Reference: Bollhagen, The Great Book of Railroad Playing Cards, CGW-6.
• A mint, sealed (cards, not box) deck made by Cartamundi USA, Inc., titled “Trains of North America that apparently has a photo of a train on the face of each card (i.e., “55 Different Images”). The cards are wide, and I assume that there are 3 Jokers in order to make 55 different images.
• 3 mint, sealed decks made in China with the logos of various railroads on the backs. I assume that each deck has 52 cards, plus 2 Jokers. The cards are bridge size, and each deck comes in its original packaging.
• A mint, sealed (cards, not box) souvenir deck made in Hong Kong for the Strasburg railroad in Strasburg, Pa., operating excursion trains hauled by steam locomotives in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. It is one of the few railroads in the U.S. that utilizes steam locomotives to haul freight cars. The cards are bridge size and come in the original box. The box is in excellent condition.
THE COST OF DOMESTIC SHIPPING ASSUMES THAT ALL 7 DECKS ARE PURCHASED. IF FEWER DECKS ARE PURCHASED SHIPPING IS LIKELY TO BE LESS.
Thanks for visiting.
Playing Cards and Card Game Collectibles
Antique and Vintage Playing Cards, Cribbage Boards, Whist Markers, Trump Indicators, Game Boxes, and Other Card Game Items