Five double decks of cards, all in mint condition with original wrappers by various makers. They have attractive backs that may be of interest. The 5 decks are for sale for $50. Each is briefly described below.
● A double deck of bridge size "Archer" cards, with a 1 pack stamp indicating they were made c.1940-1965. The tax stamp is cancelled by Brown & Bigelow, and presumably Archer is a B&B brand. The backs have an Asian "pen and ink" feel, and the artist's name is in Asian characters at the lower right corner. Both decks are mint and sealed in their wrappers; the box has minor shelf wear.
● A double deck of bridge size Arrco "Tiffany" cards with what appear to be French (Parisian?) street scenes. There is no tax stamp and I assume that they date after 1965. Both decks are mint and sealed. The hard plastic box is slightly clouded with light scratches, but without chips, cracks or breaks.
● A double deck of bridge size Hoyle cards, "Trump" brand, featuring backs with artist Paul Detlefsen designs – one deck depicting a train known as "Iron Horse" and one of a paddle boat and boys fishing. Both decks are mint and sealed, and the hard plastic box is "as new" or very nearly so.
● A double deck of bridge size Hoyle cards, with backs depicting moonlight scenes in soft, fanciful colors – very pretty in their way. Both decks are mint and sealed and the hard plastic box is in excellent condition.
● A double deck of bridge size Brown & Bigelow cards, "Stancraft Elegante" brand, with Horoscope backs and gold gilt around. One of the decks is mint and still sealed; the other was removed from its wrapper for inspection, but is in mint condition. The hard plastic box is in excellent condition. The Joker visible through the wrapper, refers to "Nu-Vue" cards, but the designs are standard B&B/Stancraft designs.
Thanks for visiting.