- Set of four antique English sterling silver menu holders with a fox head and crossed crops with presentation box. The handsome menu holders of equestrian interest feature a very detailed head of a fox with two crossed crops behind it.
- Formal Victorian and Edwardian dinner tables featured silver holders with handwritten menus. Most often written in French they detailed the courses that would be presented at dinner.
- Today, they can double for business card holders, reminders, and important mail.
- Hallmarked for Birmingham as denoted by the Anchor mark, sterling silver as denoted by the Lion Passant, date mark "h" for 1907 for one holder and “I” for 1908 for the other three. Maker's mark is SS WH for William Hutton & Sons Ltd.
- Measurements; 2 1/2" wide, base 1 1/2" deep, 1" tall, 62 grams weight
- Condition report; very good, minor surface scratches in accordance with age and use
16 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
English French Antiques, Silver, Equestrian Decorative Items for Your Home, Garden, Stable
Shop Now! Last Day for Priority Mail is Dec 20th