- A very large silver plate trophy cup or urn with lid on a marble plinth. A fine focal point for entry hall tables or sideboards.
- The entire piece measures 31" high x 14” handle to handle.,the marble plinth being 3" high X 8 ½”.
- The large handles feature acanthus leaves, berries, and female faces. The handles measure 8 3/4" from top to bottom edge.
- An applied floral border encircles the entire piece that is 2” wide.
- The lid is removable and the piece has not been engraved. I do feel it has been re-plated at some point.
- English or Continental, Circa 1900, unmarked. The piece has been re-plated at some point.
- Condition Report; There are a few dings and some areas of wear to the plate; however overall the plate is in good condition. It was not easy to photograph after a cleaning due to the reflection of light. The handles are tight and the applied floral border is in very good condition. The upper neck of trophy has several small dents which are not noticeable with the lid on. Marble base good, some nicks on edges, chips on bottom edge of base