Framed & Embossed Harpel's Original Period Photo of "Philadelphia & Reading Railway" Passenger Station in center of Lebanon,Pa.
Photo of New Station built in 1900, Had the distinction of Separate Entrances for Men & Women Waiting Rooms !
"Harpel Lebanon,Pa." is Pressed into the Studio Board Border in the lower right corner.
Photo Ca. 1900 to 1905: Landscape trees are fairly young saplings, and there are plenty of telegraph wires on the poles, and this was the First RR Station in Lebanon with Electric Lights. Design Engineers were Joseph Wilson of Wilson Brothers of Philadelphia.
The attached building on the far side was the Freight/Baggage Headquarters of the "Railway Express Agency". The building in the far distance towards the East was the Car Shop with the Cupola on the Roof.
There are 5 Carriages Leaving the Station. Men in forefront wearing Derby Hats, and Woman in Background wearing a Large Victorian Black Hat. Steam is billowing from an unseen engine in the front, but a Pullman type Baggage Car or Mail Car with Barred Windows is Parked on the Tracks.
Found in this original 17 by 14 3/4 inch Black Painted & Lacquered Frame with Old Rectangular Cut Nails in Back. . Photo image paper measures 9 1/2 by 7 1/2 inches. Weighs 3 Pounds ,and 5 Ounces.
Condition of Subject matter is Very Fine,with a legible Sign above the building's west end triple bow window which Reads : "Philadelphia & Reading Railway". However someone has re-glued the 4 corners and wiped out the silver in circular spots on the 4 corners. Could be easily cropped with an octagonal matt.
The "Philadelphia & Reading Railway" Name was used until 1924 when it was merged into the "Reading Company".
Shipping; Will ship out the Next Business day following full payment and retrieval from a Palmyra,Pa. Antique Mall.