This is an Austrian Vienna footed hard paste porcelain liqueur decanter. The decanter was produced by one of the factories in Vienna, Austria, and dates to the end of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century, circa 1890 to 1910.
This specific whiteware was typically used by Bawo & Dotter, a company located in New York who imported hand painted porcelain to the United States; Bawo & Dotter owned a porcelain factory along with a decorating studio in Fishern, Bohemia and another decorating studio in Limoges, until it started production of porcelain in 1896 in Limoges. The company employed artists who hand painted and signed Bohemian, Austrian and Limoges porcelain for import into the United States. Bawo & Dotter eventually became known as Elite Works and then purchased William Guerin in Limoges.
The decanter is 7” high and 6 ½” wide. The shape looks like an odd bulbous teapot. It has a handle on the top and a round stubby spout with a stopper.
The glaze is shaded brown to cream. The decoration is all hand painted and shows autumn leaves in green and brown. The handle and stopper are trimmed in gold.
The stopper has very old thin paper wrapped around in multiple layers over the cork.
The bottom is bisque, or unglazed.
There are no chips, nicks, cracks or crazing. There is some wear to the gold trim on the stopper and edge of the spout.
The maker's mark is a crown and two coats of arms with the words Vienna Austria.