This is an Austrian Vienna footed hard paste porcelain vase. The vase was produced by one of the factories in Vienna, Austria, and dates to the end of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century, circa 1890 to 1910.
This specific whiteware was typically used by Bawo & Dotter, a company located in New York who imported hand painted porcelain to the United States; Bawo & Dotter owned a porcelain factory along with a decorating studio in Fishern, Bohemia and another decorating studio in Limoges, until it started production of porcelain in 1896 in Limoges. The company employed artists who hand painted and signed Bohemian, Austrian and Limoges porcelain for import into the United States. Bawo & Dotter eventually became known as Elite Works and then purchased William Guerin in Limoges.
The vase is 5 ¼" high and 5" wide at the belly. The shape is in the form of a rose bowl, resting on three feet, with an irregular rim. A raised design in the blank is at the top, below the mouth.
The vase is shaded in most of the colors: blue, red, yellow, green, orange and purple. The violets are hand painted in three areas of the sides of the belly.
The inside of the vase is glazed white, with some ash flecks embedded in the glaze from the wood firing process.
The rim is trimmed in gold, with some wear to the gold.
The feet are slightly curled and are green.
The outside of the vase has a few ash fleck bumps.
The green maker's mark is a crown with the words Vienna Austria, and it appears to be over the shading, so it may be used as a decorating mark too.
There are no nicks, chips, cracks or crazing.