This beautiful small square shaped porcelain dish is exquisitely hand painted. The background color is an earthy orange with lots of brown tones to it. It is covered with hand painted blue flowers and large yellow leaves. There is one large pink flower on one side. The rim is gilded in gold. The bottom is marked: Victoria Pottery, Altrohlau Bohemia. It dates to the late 1800's.
It measures approximately 4 ½" by 4 ½".
It is in very good condition with the exception of a crack in the glaze on the back of the dish and wear on the gold gilding. There are no other chips, cracks or crazing.
The Victoria Pottery was founded in 1883 by Lazarus and Rosenthal, Ltd. It was located in Altrouhlau, Bohemia Austria. Two years later the factory was sold to Franz Schmidt and became the largest porcelain factory at that time. In addition to commercial wares, the company produced pieces of high quality that are prized by collectors today. In 1945 the Victoria Porcelain and Altrohlau Porcelain Company were merged with EPIAG and became part of the state owned porcelain industry.