This Patriotic Charm Bracelet is the perfect accessory for an election year. If you prefer a "loaded" bracelet, there is plenty of room to add your own charms, be it an elephant, a donkey or better, something symbolizing your own home state. I have lived and worked in the Washington, DC area for many years. Some of the ladies who worked on "The Hill" in the 1970's tell me that many started patriotic and Bicentennial charm bracelets. This great 1970's bracelet comes from a friend who worked in the Senate offices.
The bracelet is 7 1/2" in length and about 1/4" wide. All the charms are marked sterling. From left to right, we have
1. American eagle with shield arrows and wheat
2. American flag with red, white and blue enamel (marked AE Sterling)
3. Round White House charm with dark blue enamel
4. Small Statue of Liberty (perhaps from a visit to NYC)
5. Bicentennial Eagle 1776 - 1976 - red, white and blue enamel
6. Small Liberty Bell (from a visit to Philadelphia?)
7. Round raised Capitol building charm
8. Smaller flag - red, white and blue enamel (marked Wells)
9. Map of the District of Columbia - with small images of White House, Capitol, Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial
The bracelet has an unusual clasp. It is not as difficult to open and close as it might look, and once it is on, it is very secure.
Heirloom and Vintage Jewelry, Antiques and Fine Collectibles
GREEN SALE in Progress! Special Markdowns on Many Green Items Until St. Patrick's Day March 17th - Search My Shop for Green!