Grand Duchess Olga worked as a nurse in the Crimea and escaped from there to her mother’s residence in Denmark with her husband and two young sons during the Russian Revolution. While in the Crimea, Olga painted the four watercolours you see here – depicting life in a Russian village. Each is painted on a Russian postcard measuring 5 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches. Two are signed “Olga” in the lower left corner and two in the lower right corner. On the back of one in Olga's handwriting is the date April 10, 1919. They are bright and gorgeous and formed part of Olga’s private collection of her own works. They have never been offered for sale until now. Provenance: The Byington Collection, which is acknowledged in: Tsar: The Lost World of Nicholas & Alexandra by Peter Kurth (p. 223); and Olga Romanov: Russia’s Last Grand Duchess by Patricia Phenix (p. 296). The four paintings were acquired directly from the family of Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna and come with a letter of provenance from the Byington Collection.