An attractive late 18th century large, two-handled OSP butter dish with reeded footrim and rimc circa 1780. Decoratively-pierced body rests on four everted leafy legs. Dish has a blue glass liner with star-cut base. The removable domical lid is topped by an urn-shaped finial. Length over loop handles 10 ¼ inches. Height to finial 5 ¼ inches. Condition: replated; old solder repairs to two feet and both handles; see photos for chips on blue glass liner rim and a cavity on liner surface. It is over two hundred and thirty years old.