An estate find just outside of Charleston SC~ (2) 10 1/2" Royal Bavarian Chargers form the L. Hutschenreuther porcelain factory . Hutschenreuther is the name of the family that established the production of porcelain in Northern Bavaria, starting in 1814.
In 1857 Lorenz Hutschenreuther, the son of C.M. Hutschenreuther, established a porcelain factory in Selb and by 1860, they produced hand-painted gilded porcelains...
These chargers are heavily gilded with 24 kt gold and decorated with an old world green... the mark on the back dates these ca early 1900's prior to 1940. They are in excellent condition with just a bit of wear to gilding due to age.
They are being sold as (1) set of (2) Chargers~