Here is a brass and onyx Victorian floor lamp which was originally kerosene or oil and later converted to electric. The lamp measures 62” tall to the top of the 10” diameter ball shade and 65” tall to the top of the clear glass chimney. The replaced glass shade is a pale blue color and has a beautiful draping design on the outside. The highly decorative frame is signed NB & IW which stands for the National Brass and Iron Works of Reading, PA. Check out the ornately cast heavy duty frame. There is an original onyx top in beautiful shades of cream and caramel. Look closely and you will see a small chip along one edge. This is barely noticeable and does not detract from its presence. Below is another pierced cast shelf. The finely cast scrolling legs end in delicate looking paw feet. This style of lamp was often referred to as a piano or organ lamp and was used to provide additional lighting for someone playing the keys. The lamp is quite heavy and extremely sturdy. It is in excellent working condition. The shade, chimney and brass frame are also in excellent condition. 65"h X 13.5"w X 13.5"d, Condition: Excellent, Circa: 1890's.
11 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Furniture and clocks from the 1820's thru the 1920's is our specialty
All Dining Room Furniture 30% OFF During the Month of May--Dining Tables, Sets of Chairs, Sideboards & China Cupboards