Titled The Woman's Building., an original print from the portfolio by William Henry Jackson who was commissioned to photograph the western state exhibitions at the Chicago World's Fair, the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893.
W.H. Jackson produced a final portfolio of views of the just-shuttered "White City" for Director of Works and architect Daniel Burnham.
A fourteen by seventeen and one half inches print signed on the negative from "The White City (As it Was)" copyright 1894 by the famous photographer and chromolithographer William Henry Jackson (1843 - 1942). Published by Stanley Wood No. 702 Rookery Building, Chicago.
Preservation is key for this piece. The image is perfect, but margins are becoming brittle, archival framing or storage is highly recommended