Here is a VERY RARE set of authentic, original, dated 1950 handbooks for Coca-Cola delivery truck drivers, who were responsible for supplying bulk deliveries of Coke to groceries and other stores where the soda would be sold to the public.
This group includes SEVEN books, each FULL of fabulous vintage pictures, old trucks, old signs, housewives, route dealer uniforms, etc. etc. They are dated 1950 and printed by the Coca Cola Company for in-house use, not for the public !!
This is not "advertising." The books are manuals for Salesmen/Route Drivers -- essentially, "How to Do Your Job Working for Us" (The Coca-Cola Company)! Almost certainly these would have been handouts to new employees, gathered in a room with an instructor about what Coke expects and how to achieve it.
CONDITION is very good - NO missing pages, NO rips or tears, NO writing inside. Excellent quality photographs are bright and clear. The yellow book has a name/date penciled on the outside front cover at the top. The covers show light signs of use and a little grime, but nothing worse.
COVERS are paper stock, tough but not terribly heavy. Please see PHOTOS. All show age darkening and look a little grimy around the edges from use. Most have short tears up the top/bottom of the spine fold, not a big deal but "there."
IMPORTANT: Each book has 2 staples "binding" it, all are tight and secure. Five books are fine, but the staples in two of them are showing just barely the slightest signs of beginning rust (which won't progress if the books are kept in a dry environment).
INDIVIDUALLY THESE ARE TITLED :
(1) "PRODUCT" (green cover) : All about the beverage, its history, how it's made, and where it's sold. Motivating, "YOU" can help people enjoy the beverage.
(2) "CARTONS" (light blue cover) : Benefits of selling in 6-pack cartons, so customers can take Coke home to enjoy! How to encourage stores to carry them, how to display them the best (not just signs, but where to place cartons in the store!)
(3) "ADVERTISING" (yellow cover - NOTE this one has a penciled name on the front cover) : Benefits of advertising starting at the national level, why signs work and how to use them, how to get the store owner to work with you on the most effective signage !
(4) "PLANNED CALL" (orange cover) How to observe what needs to be done in every outlet you service -- build working relationships with store owners, help dealers maximize profits and optimize store displays and coolers to sell the most product, etc.
(5) "COOLERS" (gray cover - there is light scuffing, looks like "mottling" on this cover) Work with store owners to display Coke in the best coolers, how to convince dealers that attractive eye-catching Coke coolers will save money over store refrigerators & be more profitable, ice vs. electric, where to locate the cooler in the store, how to maintain it, etc.
(6) "REFRIGERATION" (red cover - remember this is 1950 when most stores relied on ice) Why refrigeration instead of ice ? Show the dealer how changing to refrigeration will improve profits, handling and customer satisfaction. If dealer is staying with ice, how to enlist the ice man to ensure the store will use the best ice method to maximize sales.
(7) "GOOD WILL" (cream cover) - Ways to influence and give good impressions to store owners and others you work with, such as show an interest in your customer, take a genuine, sincere interest in helping your customers maximize their profits. Be genuine and sincere.
We have never seen another set of these books. They are quite different than the "advertising" that is so popular, and are a serious collectible for anyone interested in Coca Cola company operations.
20 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
RAILROAD Memorabilia & Antiques + Americana: Dog, Cat, Kitchenware, Restaurant Collectibles
EVERY ITEM SATISFACTION GUARANTEED ~ Multi-Purchase Discounts ~ Layaways ~ Ask For Our Best Price (Offers are Welcome) !