Pair of early antique aquatint / etchings of London architectural landmarks. The first illustrates a banquet at Egyptian Hall, the main reception room of Mansion House, the official residence of the Lord Major of London built between 1739 and 1752 by architect George Dance the Elder. The second image shows a section of Westminster Abbey's Cloisters built between the 13th and 15th Centuries.
Inscriptions read as follows:
N°51 EGYPTIAN HALL MANSION HOUSE London, Pub. 1st Jany, 1809, at R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts 101, Strand. Rowlandson & Pugin delt. & sculpt. J. Bluck, aquat.
Plate T. SOUTH EAST ANGLE OF THE CLOISTERS . London, Published 1 Decr. 1814 for R. Ackerman's Westmr Abbey, at 101 Strand. Thompson delt. Hamble sculp
They come finely framed, ready to display. In very good condition with minor toning as shown. Shipped professionally packed, fully insured with tracking number.
Measurements: Frames: 17 1/8" by 15 13/16" (43.5 cm by 40.2 cm) approximately.