Terracotta wall plaque with central medallion depicting a cherub holding a net on the seashore surrounded by a finely detailed decorative border of mermaids and scrolls in relief. It is marked on the underside after Maresch and numbered 34. Johann Maresch was a Bohemian potter from the town of Aussig an der Elbe (now east Czech Republic, near Dresden) known for his work in majolica and terracotta. The Maresch factory was in business from 1841 until 1948 when it was finally closed down by the Communist authorities. In good used condition with some patina wear as shown. Shipped fully insured with tracking number.
Measurements: 12.25"/31 cm diameter approximately.
Mostly 19th Century Art and Antiques
Welcome to our shop! Scroll down to read our customer testimonials. Lay-aways available.