A beautifully shaped jewellery box standing on four original elegant legs. The lid of the box has an engine turned border following the shape of the box and an engine turned border to the central circular vacant cartouche.
The lid fits well and once opened reveals a lavishly gilded interior and the box lined in a emerald coloured velvet.
The box is fully hallmarked for Birmingham 1912 so a true antique example. The makers initials are also present for the silversmith, Horton and Allday.
Excellent condition, measuring 5" x 3" x 1 3/4" tall.