A fabulous late Victorian biscuit box or barrel dating to around 1890. The box itself is made from a hefty piece of crystal with a deep square cut and a star cut on the underside.
The box stands in the original stand with an engraved Greek Key design. The underside has the makers initials and EP for Electro Plated.
The collar, lid and swing handle are also made from silver plate. The lid has a complimentary decorative engraving topped with a rope rolled up into a hive shape propping up the label engraved "Biscuits" (or Cookies). In front of this is an original armorial family crest of a Lion holding an arrow with the banner beneath engraved "Ad finem fidelis" which translates into "To the end, faithful".
All in excellent condition, the footprint measures 7 3/4" across and standing 6 3/4" tall to top of rope hive.
6 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
A Quality Online Collection Of Fine Antique Smalls With Free Worldwide Shipping From London, England
FREE Worldwide Registered Airmail Directly From London, England