From the Romanov era, period of Alexander II, of crossover design applied with Old Russian strapwork motifs and openwork scrolls, this two-color gold bangle from St. Petersburg is set with river pearls, a turquoise and a diamond and suspends two gold beads on small link chains.
By H. Mikhailov, St. Petersburg, circa 1870, hallmarked with maker’s Cyrillic initials, 56, the Russian gold standard for 14k and the crossed anchor and scepter for St. Petersburg.
Opening on a side hinge, interior opening measures 2 ¼ x 1 3/4 in. (5.7 x 4.4 cm) diam. Applied top motif: 1 ½ in (3.8 cm) wide.
Rare Russian Gold Pearl Bracelet by Mikhailov of St. Petersburg, circa 1870