The Rogers Brothers - Asa, Simeon and William established a shop in Hartford, Ct. in the 1840's. In 1847 when they has perfected the electroplating process, they started marking products with their name. In 1862 they became part of Meriden Britannica Company, in Meriden Ct., which was later renamed the International Silver Company. Their vintage or grape pattern which was introduced in 1904 became one of their most popular lines of flatware.
This wonderful berry or casserole spoon measures 8 3/4" in length with a solid handle. The base of the spoon is also embossed with the vintage motif. There are (2) spoons available; the handle on one is stamped "1847 Rogers Bros. XS Triple"; the other "1847 Rogers Bros. A1". The silver-plate is in excellent condition with only minor marks from careful use over the years.