Peters and Reed Pottery was established by John D. Peters and Adam Reed in 1899. Peters and Reed's first recognized art pottery line was introduced in 1912. In 1921, Peters and Reed changed its name to The Zane Pottery Company. Many of the art pottery lines produced by Peters and Reed Pottery were continued by Zane Pottery. Zane Pottery continued in existence until 1941 at which time the company was sold to Gonder Pottery. Peters and Reed pottery is unmarked. Zane Pottery was typically marked with an impressed logo.
This impressive Peters & Reed "Marbleized" pattern vase is circa 1920. The high glass vase displays a wonderful marbleized pattern in shades of terra cotta, moss green, black and white swirls over the terra cotta producing a pinkish haze. The vase measures 9" in height, 3 3/8" across the top, 5" across the widest part and 2 7/8" across the base. There are no chips or repairs; a hairline crack, approximately 3" in length, extends from the rim downward (see photo). Priced accordingly.