Henry and James Doulton purchased an interest in Pinder, Bourne & Co., in 1877. In 1882 the business was reconstituted under the name Doulton & Co., Burslem. The business was incorporated in 1899 as Doulton & Co. and Doulton was granted a Royal Warrant and right to use ‘Royal’ in the name of its products by King Edward VII in 1901.
This lovely Doulton Burslem flow blue luncheon plate is the "Melrose" pattern, circa 1890's. The wide outer band consists of large and small floral blossoms intertwines with scrolls and leafage. The slightly scalloped rim is decorated with a narrow edge of gold. The luncheon plate measures 9 1/4" across and is stamped with the Crown and company logo, "Doulton - Burslem - England - Melrose - RdNo 316402", the mark used from 1891-1902 and in red the pattern number "C49591". There are no cracks, chips or repairs; some light utensil marks and moderately wear on gold edge.
30 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Bry's Antiques, an "ADOPTION AGENCY" for ANTIQUE & VINTAGE items to enjoy or give as gifts.
Fine Antiques & Vintage Items Always Being Added For Your Shopping Pleasure. Serious Offers Considered