Thomas E Dugan became manager of National Glass in 1899. The Dugan brothers (Thomas and Alfred) operated the plant until 1904 when they became the owners and the Indiana, Pennsylvania plant became Dugan Glass Company. In 1913 the Dugan Brothers left and the name was changed to the Diamond Glass Company which operated until 1931 when the plant was destroyed by fire.
This Dugan green opalescent bonbon is the "Diamond Maple Leaf" pattern, circa 1909. It was created in green, white and blue opalescent. The pattern shows realistic maple leaves flanked by flowing scroll artistic designs. The piece measures 7 3/4" from handle-to-handle, 7 1/2" from front-to-back and 2 7/8" in height. It is marked with a "D" in a diamond, which is rare to find. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; near mint.
9 other shoppers are interested in this item
Bry's Antiques, an "ADOPTION AGENCY" for ANTIQUE & VINTAGE items to enjoy or give as gifts.
NOW IS THE TIME to get what Santa forgot. 15% off all orders over $200, excluding sale items. OFFER ENDS 1-31-19.