Candy containers that once held candy last a lot longer than mere sweets and they can be just as fun. Older candy containers actually doubled as toys after the candy was gone providing hours of play for both boys and girls. The first candy containers were shaped like Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell in celebration of the Centennial Exposition in 1876 in Philadelphia. By the early 1900s, candy containers were being produced in mass. A number of well known Pennsylvania glass companies produced these clever collectibles including Westmoreland Glass Company, Jeannette Glass Company, Victory Glass, and L. E. Smith along with a number of others.
This rare figural glass candy container is entitled "Seated Mr. Rabbit", circa 1930, and is attributed to the Victory Glass Company. The upper portion of the rabbit, head & fore-paws are decorated with gold paint, while the remainder of his body is clear glass. The piece measures 5 1/8" in height and 2" across the base, which is a metal screw-type closure. The back-side is embossed "3/4 Oz AVOR and U.S.A." There are no cracks, chips or repairs; minor wear to the gold paint. Super piece for your collection.
16 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Bry's Antiques, an "ADOPTION AGENCY" for ANTIQUE & VINTAGE items to enjoy or give as gifts.
Christmas is fast approaching. Over 2400 jewelry, porcelain, glass and other great gift items from which to choose.