Designer William DeLizza and Harold Elster founded the D & E Company in 1947 and it closed in the late 1990's. By 1953 the 'Juliana' line of unmarked jewelry was being produced. For only two years, 1967-1969, the pieces were marked with a hang tag. There are some identifying clues to Juliana pieces - figure eight puddling of soldering , attached pin assembly, prong-set stones, odd numbers used in construction and wire reinforcement to list some. They also made jewelry for many of the major costume jewelry companies of the era to their individual specifications.
This beautiful Juliana brooch, circa 1950's, is a leaf and berry design consisting of gold-tone branches and tear-drop leaves gracefully intertwined to create a wonderful 3-dimensional image. The leaves are set with peridot rhinestones with slender sprigs of diamond, amber and citrine rhinestones. In the center are several clusters of round, crimson cabochons representing berries. The rhinestones are round or marquette in shape and all sets are prong mounted. The brooch measures 4" in length, 2" in width with safety clasp mechanism. Near mint condition with fabulous color.