Leo Glass & Company, Inc. was founded by Leo Glass in 1928. Mr Glass had worked in costume jewelry for Lisner for 10 years as a representative before starting his own company. At first, the company also imported as well as manufactured items. From the start of production until 1941, the merchandise was of the highest quality, on sale in the best stores throughout the country. In 1941, Leo Glass announced the company was entering the popular price jewelry field (perhaps when the clear rhinestone jewelry line started). The company closed in 1957.
This gorgeous dangle-design brooch, circa 1930's, consists of large round and oval faux faceted yellow topaz crystals which are bezel mounted, open back, on individual antique gold-tone findings. The separate pieces are fastened together to form a large round medallion with three dangles. The piece was probably imported as it has a trombone clasp used in Europe during this period. The brooch measures 2" in width, 3 1/4" in length and is stamped in cursive "Leo Glass" on a polygonal plaque. There are no damages or condition issues.