The first Rosenthal company, a factory decorating porcelain was started in 1879 in Southern Germany. Founded by Philip Rosenthal in Erkerseuth, near Selv, Bavaria, it was relocated to Selb in 1890.
This lovely scenic Delft Plate depicts a quaint and quiet canal scene with a large windmill surrounded by other structures, trees, canal with small sail boat and fishing boat along the shore against a background of hazy blue sky filled with clouds.
The plate is marked in blue with the Rosenthal logo, "R C Delft" and "Germany", circa 1900. The plate measures 8 1/4"in width and is drilled on the back for hanging. There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Fantastic piece of Delft