The Central Glass Company was founded in 1863, in Wheeling, West Virginia, by former workers of Barnes, Hobbs and Company. They produced high end art glass, barware, tableware, colorless and colored handmade glass and more. The factory was closed from 1893 – 1895 but reopened again in 1896, when Nathan B. Scott purchased the company and renamed it Central Glass Works. The Central Glass Company was closed in 1939 due to increased foreign competition and they sold their molds to Imperial Glass Company.
This set of 6 Chippendale pattern individual salt dishes, (there are only four in the first photo), were made between 1919 and 1924. In 1919 the Central Glass Works purchased the Chippendale pattern molds from the Jefferson Glass Company. The shape resembles a trophy with double handles, scalloped top, paneled bowl and six-sided pedestal base. The salts measure 3 5/8" from handle-to-handle, 2 1/4". There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Great pattern.
A varied selection of ANTIQUE & VINTAGE ITEMS for all tastes and budgets.
It's never too early to think CHRISTMAS. Shop early from a great selection for those SPECIAL PEOPLE on your list.