Thomas E Dugan became manager of National Glass in 1899. The Dugan brothers (Thomas and Alfred) operated the plant until 1904 when they became the owners and the Indiana, Pennsylvania plant became Dugan Glass Company. In 1913 the Dugan Brothers left and the name was changed to the Diamond Glass Company which operated until 1931 when the plant was destroyed by fire.
This Dugan pattern closely resembles another pattern called Cabbage Leaf, also made by Dugan. Both patterns date from 1906. This winter cabbage bowl rests on three vine-like feet that bend back and join the drooping marie of the bowl. The piece came in white, green and blue in opalescent glass. The bowl measures 8" across and 4 1/4" in height. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; great color.