The Bell Trading Company was founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1935 by Jack Michelson and his wife Mildred. They sold Native American Indian jewelry at various tourist locations in the southwestern United States until the late 1980s. Their main competitor was Maisel's Indian Trading Post. The Bell company got its name from Jack's wife, whose maiden name was Bell. In 1972 the company name was changed to Sunbell Corp. and items including giftware and moccasins were added to the jewelry inventory. The types of jewelry sold by Bell Trading included sterling silver, nickel silver, gold, and copper.
This lovely sterling silver link bracelet, circa 1950's, consists of six individual flat link connected by fold-over tabs and secured with a hook clasp. Each link is adorned with a 3-dimensional, six petal flower. The bracelet measures 6 3/4" in length and 5/8" in width. One link is stamped "Sterling", image of a bell and "Bell" within the bell image. No condition issues and wonderful original patina.