The Waterford Glass House was founded by brothers George and William Penrose in 1783. They made the bold promise to produce "as fine a quality of any in Europe in the most elegant style". Waterford owners were forced to close in 1851 because of lack of capital and crushing taxes and as a result the trade lay dormant for a hundred years. The company was rekindled in 1947 and has regained it's place on the world stage of quality merchandise.
This wonderful set of 4 cordial glasses is the "Glenmore" pattern which was introduced in 1968. The pattern became and continues to be a very popular pattern. The motif consists of vertical and horizontal cutting around the bowl, elegant hexagon shaped tapered stem and round star cut base. These cordials measure 3 3/4" in height, 1 7/8" across the top and 1 3/4" across the base. Each cordial is acid etched with the "Waterford" hallmark on the base. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; near mint. There are (2) sets of 4 available for sale.