The Waterford Glass House was founded by brothers George and William Penrose in 1783. They made the bold promise to produce "as fine a quality of any in Europe in the most elegant style". Waterford owners were forced to close in 1851 because of lack of capital and crushing taxes and as a result the trade lay dormant for a hundred years. The company was rekindled in 1947 and has regained it's place on the world stage of quality merchandise.
This wonderful set of 2 footed fruit/dessert bowls is the "Lismore" pattern which was introduced in 1952. The pattern became and continues to be their most famous and popular pattern. The motif consists of diamond and wedge cutting around the bowl, short stem with attached coup-shaped round rayed cut base. These bowls measure 3" in height, 3 5/8" across the top and 4 1/4" across the base. Each fruit/dessert bowl is marked "Waterford", with no cracks, chips or repairs; near mint. There are (3) sets of 2 available for sale.
Another shopper has this item in their Cart or Wish List
Bry's Antiques, an "ADOPTION AGENCY" for ANTIQUE & VINTAGE items to enjoy or give as gifts.
Don't Forget "MOTHER'S DAY" - Vintage JEWELRY Is Sure To Make Her Day Even More Special