Bryce Brothers operated under many names and organizations over time and like many glass manufacturers, Bryce Brothers was a family affair. The first company, Bryce, McKee & Company, formed in 1850. was in Birmingham, PA near Pittsburgh and manufactured lamps and flint glass tableware. In 1855 the company became Bryce, Richards & Company making pressed and cut tableware. In 1865, the name was changed again to Bryce, Walker & Company and this organization lasted until 1882 when it became Bryce Brothers, until it was absorbed into the United States Glass Company in 1891 where it was known as "Factory B". Shortly thereafter, Bryce Brothers resumed operations at a plant in Hammondsville, PA. In 1896 they opened a new plant in Mt. Pleasant, PA which continued to operate until the factory was sold to Lenox Crystal in 1948. In 1879, Bryce, Higbee & Co.. was formed which lasted until the factory was destroyed by flood in 1907.
This lovely glass whimsey, circa 1920, in the ever popular daisy and button pattern, is in the shape of a larger size slipper. This is more unusual than the Victorian ladies shoe that is most often found today. The slipper measures 7 1/4" in length, 2 1/4" in width and 1 3/4" in height. The daisy and button pattern is sharp and crisp. There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Pleasing shade of amber glass.
A varied selection of ANTIQUE & VINTAGE ITEMS for all tastes and budgets.
CHRISTMAS IN JULY. All jewelry lane orders over $150 receive 10% discount during July 2017. HURRY, ORDER NOW!!