The Charles Allerton & Sons, Park Works, Longton, Staffordshire Potteries operated from 1859 to 1942. Formerly Allerton, Brough & Green, was taken over in 1912 by Cauldon Potteries Ltd., from which date it was operated under the name of Allerton's Ltd.
This wonderful flow blue cup and saucer set, circa 1900, is apply called the Wagon Wheel pattern. Wide cobalt blue spokes extend outward from the center of the saucer or vertically along the sides of the cup. The spokes and edge of both pieces are outlined with a copper lustre band. Between the spokes against the bluish-white background is a deep red sprig design. The saucer measures 5 1/8" across and is stamped with the Allerton logo and "Charles Allerton & Sons - England", circa 1891-1912. The cup measures 3" across and 2 1/4" in height and is unmarked. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; near mint.
Charles Allerton & Sons Flow Blue "Wagon Wheel" Pattern Cup & Saucer Set