Henry and James Doulton purchased an interest in Pinder, Bourne & Co., in 1877. In 1882 the business was reconstituted under the name Doulton & Co., Burslem. The business was incorporated in 1899 as Doulton & Co. and Doulton was granted a Royal Warrant and right to use ‘Royal’ in the name of its products by King Edward VII in 1901.
This lovely Art Deco "Floral" series ware transfer plate, circa 1902-1922, is the Prunus pattern. Decorated with an all-over design of clusters of pastel blue, five petal blossoms with yellow centers on green stems against an all black background. The white border is decorated with a black lattice design and black trim. The plate, which has twelve sides, measures 10 1/4" across and is stamped in brown with the Royal Doulton mark, circa 1902-1922, pattern number D3832, Rd# 597783 and impressed "Doulton". There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Great decorator cabinet plate.