The Empire Porcelain Company, Stoke, Staffordshire Potteries, was established in 1896 and operated until 1967.
The scenic, blue transfer-ware, cabinet plate portrays a serene, placid, lake with multiple small sailboats floating about. The shore is lined with building and trees, while above birds can be spotted drifting here and there against a semi-cloudy sky. The embossed border of the plate is sponged with blue. The plate measures 8" across and carries the company's first printed back-stamp, circa 1896-1912. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; very light overall crazing.