Wheelock Prussia marked items were manufactured by Reinhold Schlegelmilch, the same porcelain works that made the R.S.Prussia pieces. They were made for the Wheelock Pottery Company of Peoria, Illinois. Wheelock Pottery began in 1888 and produced fine pottery, ceramic and porcelain. By 1900 they were having porcelain pieces made for them and marked with their own Wheelock back-stamp.
This lovely biscuit/cracker jar is decorated with a transfer design of double an single peony blossoms and buds in shades of pastel pink, white and rose against the white blank with tinges of pastel green highlights. The piece rests on four short feet, embossed design body, sculptured, loop handles and finial. It measures 5 3/4" in height, 9 1/2" from handle-to-handle and 5 1/4" across the base. The red and green back-stamp reads "Wheelock Trade Mark Prussia". There are no cracks, chips or repairs. An wonderful biscuit/cracker jar by the maker of R.S Prussia.