Weiss Jewelry, founded by Albert Weiss, was not as big as some of the other jewelry retailers. Albert Weiss, a native New Yorker, started his company in 1942, on Fifth Avenue in N.Y., after having worked for Coro and Marvella Jewelry. Weiss worked primarily in clear and colored rhinestones and was very well known for his creations of butterflies, bugs and flowers The first mark used was "WEISS" in block letters, then "Weiss" in script; later "Albert Weiss" and A W Co. The company closed in 1971.
This fabulous diamond rhinestone bracelet, circa 1940's, consists of nearly three hundred individual, prong-mounted sets in silver-tone metal. The bracelet measures 1 1/2" in width containing nine round diamond rhinestones. In the center of the bracelet there are sixteen large baguette faceted sets. The Bracelet measures a comfortable 7" in length and has a box 'tab insert' clasp as well as a safety chain.l The piece is stamped "Weiss" in block letters. Excellent, near mint condition is no issues and lots of bling.