Pickard, Inc., the premier Chicago decorating studio was founded by Wilder A. Pickard, who was born on a farm near Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. His first studio was located in Edgerton, Wisconsin, and soon was relocated to Chicago where it still exists today. The largest and most famous decorating Chicago studio, Pickard attracted the best of the best artists of the time.
This lovely hand painted square candy dish is from their "Russian Flowers" series of studio items. The inside bottom of the dish consists of four geometric forms in gold, each decorated with either delicate pink or blue flowers with soft green leaves. The designs are connected by a single gold square band. The wide border forming the sides of the dish has an encrusted gold pattern. The gently scalloped rim of the dish is also gold. The item measures 5 1/2" across and is stamped with Mark #7, black "Pickard" decal over a gold maple leaf, circa 1912-1918. There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Lovely.