Pickard, Inc., the premier Chicago decorating studio was founded by Wilder A. Pickard, who was born on a farm near Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. His first studio was located in Edgerton, Wisconsin, and soon was relocated to Chicago where it still exists today. The largest and most famous decorating Chicago studio, Pickard attracted the best of the best artists of the time.
This lovely hand painted octagon-formed serving plate is from their "Russian Flowers" series of studio items. The outer border consists of four designs of gold reversed scrolls outlined in black, sweeping soft green scrolls outlined in gold and pastel pink blossoms with delicate green leaves. Between these displays are single pink blossoms and leaves. The plate is adorned with a wide and two narrow gold bands, gold edge and handles. The plate measures 9 7/8" across and 10 3/4" from handle-to-handle. Stamped with Mark #7, black "Pickard" decal over a gold maple leaf, circa 1912-1918. There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Lovely.