Pickard, Inc., the premier Chicago decorating studio was founded by Wilder A. Pickard, who was born on a farm near Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. His first studio was located in Edgerton, Wisconsin, and soon was relocated to Chicago where it still exists today. The largest and most famous decorating Chicago studio, Pickard attracted the best of the best artists of the time.
This lovely hand painted cabinet plate is from their "Russian Flowers" series of studio items. The outer border displays three large and three smaller displays of reversed gold scrolls outlined in black and decorated with pastel pink leaves and soft green pendant leaves outlined in gold. The plate is adorned with a wide and two narrow gold bands. The plate measures 8 1/4" across and is stamped with Mark #7, black "Pickard" decal over a gold maple leaf, circa 1912-1918. There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Lovely.