Pickard, Inc., the premier Chicago decorating studio was founded by Wilder A. Pickard, who was born on a farm near Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. His first studio was located in Edgerton, Wisconsin, and soon was relocated to Chicago where it still exists today. The largest and most famous decorating Chicago studio, Pickard attracted the best of the best artists of the time.
This lovely hand painted milk pitcher is from their "Russian Flowers" series of studio items. The pitcher is decorated with two bouquets of pink and yellow celtic-style rose blossoms, lavender floral, blue-bells, light green leaves and stems, all delicately outlined in black. The piece is enhanced by three narrow gold rings and wide gold border and handle. The pitcher measures 5 3/8" in height, 4 1/2" from handle-to-spout and 3 1/8" across the base. Stamped with Mark #7, black "Pickard" decal over a gold maple leaf, circa 1912-1918. Also stamped "W.G .& Co. Limoges France", the mark used on white-ware by William Guerin & Co. from 1900-1932 There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Beautiful.