The Lladro Porcelain company was founded in 1953 by three brothers, Juan, Jose and Vicente Lladro, in the village of Almassera near Valencia. Starting with items such as vases and jugs, it wasn't until 1956 that they started producing the sculptures for which they are now most famous. Enthusiasm for the items produced by the Lladro brothers saw their small workshop expand several times until eventually they moved to Tavernes Blanques in 1958.
Among their wide variety of quality sculptures are rare figurines portraying people with animals. This particular sculpture is a cute young girl with her teddy bear by Francisco Polope for the Lladro Society; entitled "Best Friend".
An adorable figurine of a young girl lovingly looking at her teddy bear she gently holds. The girl is attired in long white skirt and soft mauve top, both trimmed in blue-gray floral decoration and mauve slippers. Her soft brown hair is pulled back and tied with a white bow. She sits on a light tan stool as she hold hers favorite blue-gray teddy bear with both hands.
The figurine measures 6 1/2" in height and 5 1/2" in length. Stamped in black with Society Circle Mark, and dark blue with Lladro "Bellflower" and "Lladro - Hand Made in Spain " and incised pattern number "7620". In the original box, There are no cracks, chips or repairs; as near mint as you can get. A darling Lladro sculpture.