Pickard, Inc., the premier Chicago decorating studio was founded by Wilder A. Pickard, who was born on a farm near Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. His first studio was located in Edgerton, Wisconsin, and soon was relocated to Chicago where it still exists today. The largest and most famous decorating Chicago studio, Pickard attracted the best of the best artists of the time.
This lovely hand painted cabinet plate is from their "Russian Flowers" series of studio items. The outer border is decorated with three cartouches, each with gold gilt, black edged, Art Nouveau vase holding a delicate bouquet of pink roses and blue floral. Interspersed are individual single rose blossoms and green leaves. The edge is adorned with a gold band as well as a narrow gold line connecting the designs. The plate measures 7 5/8" across and is stamped with Mark #7, black "Pickard" decal over a gold maple leaf, circa 1912-1918. Also stamped in green "Favorite Bavaria". There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Lovely.