Charles Field Haviland, Nephew of David Haviland, took charge of the Alluaud Porcelain Factory (one of the oldest in Limoges) in 1876. Upon his retirement in 1881, Gerard, Dufraisseis and Morel (GDM) took over the business and continued to used the combined marks from around 1881-1900.
This lovely set of 4 dinner plates, circa 1880's, are decorated with an overall transfer motif, with hand applied highlights, of pink passion blossoms and buds suspended from leaf laden vines in shades of green/brown. The plates measures 9 5/8" across.
The plates have two marks; one in green "CFH over GDM", circa 1881-1890 and the second (decorator mark) in brown "CH.Field Haviland Limoges", circa 1859-1881. This mark was used from 1882-1900 in either red, green, brown, black or gray. There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Lovely pieces,