The Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, also commonly known as Shriners and abbreviated A.A.O.N.M.S., established in 1870, is an appendant body to Freemasonry. In 2010, the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, as well as Shriners North America, changed its name to Shriners International. The organization is best known for the Shriners Hospitals for Children it administers, and the red fezzes that members wear. There are approximately 340,000 members from 195 temples (chapters) in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Mexico, the Republic of Panama, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Europe and Australia.
During the early 1900's glass souvenir items were created for gifts for the delegates that attended annual conventions. This wonderful 3-handled loving cup is from the Syria Temple in Pittsburgh, PA and was a souvenir from it's June 1905 Niagara Falls convention. The glass cup measures 3 3/4" in height and 3 1/2" across the top. It shows the Shriner International logo and two cartouches, one of the falls and the other of the bridge. Three scimitars serve as the handles. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; minor decoration wear. Great combination of clear glass with gold, silver, white, blue, green, and yellow enameling. Scarce fraternal item