The Wilson & Davis Silver-plate Company, 1871-1883, was a partnership between Fredrick Wilson and William Davis at Hatton Works, Eyrs Street, Sheffield and at 10 Hatton Garden, London. The partnership dissolved in 1883 and continued under the style of Frederick Wilson & Company/
This great pair of silver-plated master salts are embossed with three lion heads separated by a spray of floral and leaf motif. The three supporting legs are in the form of a lion's leg and clawed foot base. The salts measure 2 3/4" across and 1 1/2" in height. They are stamped with four Sheffield insignia and W & D over S within a shield. Great vintage condition with no breaks or missing pieces; nice unpolished patina. Great look.