The Hutschenreuther Company was founded in 1814 by C.M. Hutschenreuther (1794-1845) in Bavaria, Germany. In 1857 his son, Lorenz, established a porcelain factory in Selb. The companies expanded from 1902 to 1969 and during 2000 the company became a part of the Rosenthal group.
This adorable porcelain figurine, circa 1970's, depicts a mother bird feeding her chick a worm. The naturalistic colors shades of brown prevail. The model was designed by L Tutter (1883-1969) who was a leading designer for Hutschenreuther for almost forty years.
The figurine measures 2 3/4" in length and 2" in height. Stamped with the Hutschenreuther backstamp, circa 1970-1985, in green, the Lion in an oval and "Hutschenreuther - Germany - Kunstabteilung" and impressed "K Tutter". There are no cracks, chips or repairs. Wonderful figure.