Manufactured by the Richards and Hartley Glass Company, Tarentum, PA, from 1875-1884 and in 1891 by the United States Glass Company, which was a trust formed by a combination of seventeen glass companies, including Richards & Hartley, which were located in Western Pennsylvania and Indiana. It was made in non-flint, clear, amber and some vaseline.
The pattern consists of two oval cartouches, formed by a circle of ribbing and beading, containing a cameo image of Venus and Cupid. Connecting the cartouches is a geometric designed band. The rim consists of half-circles each with a central bead and there is also a band of ribbing on the underside of the round collar base.
The clear glass open bowl measure 3 3/4" in height, 8 1/2" across the top and 4 3/8" across the base. There are no cracks, chips or repairs; EAPG may contain bubbles, straw marks and minor scratches from years of use. There are two bowls available for sale. One bowl has a tiny nick in the outer edge of the base, the other has a pin-head size bruise on the outside of the bowl; both are minor, see photos.